Reserve your seat
Keep me informed, I am interested
The 6th international Conference on the ISO 31000 Risk Management Standard in Dubai, follows the successful annual conferences in Paris 2012, Toronto 2013, New York 2014, Cape Town 2015 and in Dubai 2016. The Global Institute for Risk Management Standards, G31000, was inspired by the success of the ISO 31000 LinkedIn group, with currently engages 60,000 members adding 1,000 monthly new members. This discussion forum has become over the years the most popular risk management discussion forum, being dedicated exclusively to the ISO 31000 Risk Management Standard.
Exceptional prominent speakers invited last year.
- Kevin KnightChairmanISO/TC 262 Risk management (ISO 31000)
Considered as the father of risk management standardization, Kevin has spread risk management at national and international level
- The successive revisions of the Australian/New-Zealand Standard AS/NZS4360
- The broad acceptance of AS/NZS4360 leading to ISO Guide 73 (vocabulary) and ISO 31000 (standard)
- The international ?rst standard published on risk management
- The challenges of standardization and vision for the future of ISO 31000
Kevin is a founding member of the Standards Australia/Standards New Zealand Joint Technical Committee that produced the original AS/NZS 4360 Risk Management Standard in 1995 and its subsequent revisions in 1999 and 2004.
Kevin was Convenor of the International Standards Organisation (ISO) Working Group that produced ISO/IEC Guide 73:2002 and he chaired the ISO Working Group that produced the ISO 31000 Risk Management Standard and the revised ISO Guide 73 published in November 2009.
He is currently Chairman of the ISO Technical Committee 262 – Risk Management.
He was the 2001 Asian Risk Manager of the Year.
He was appointed a Member in the General Division of the Order of Australia in 2008 “for service to risk management through executive roles with professional associations and as a contributor to the development of principles and practices”.
Kevin was included in the US Treasury & Risk’s Magazine 2008 list of the 100 most influential people leaving their marks on the world of finance for his International Standards work.
Will Speak About
25 years of Risk Management Standardization - Past, Present and Future
- The context of occupational health and safety (OHS) in the global arena
- The risk based approach versus compliance
- Aligning Annex SL risk approach with the management of OHS
- The success of OHS standards and the development of ISO 45001
David A Smith
David Smith is a Director of IMS Risk Solutions Ltd. and Chairs the ISO Committee PC 283 on occupational health and safety management systems standard ISO 45001.
He first became involved in writing management system standards about 25 years ago and served as Chair of the British Standards Committee on occupational health and safety management systems HS/1 (responsible for BS 8800, BS 18004, BS OHSAS 18001/2) until he took up the position of ISO Chair of PC 283 in 2013. He was the technical author for PAS 99 and has been actively involved in ISO 14000 series of standards – particularly in the development of ISO 14031 on environmental performance evaluation. He is involved in the drafting of risk management and resilience standards as well as working for CEN TC 391 on societal security.
He works on behalf of a number of organizations on a consultancy basis, assisting in the implementation of environmental, health and safety, quality and risk management systems. Apart from consultancy and training work on corporate governance, risk management, environmental and safety management issues, David has lectured at a number of universities in the UK and abroad on environmental, safety and integrated management systems. He is a recognized trainer and operates all over the world –particularly in the Middle East, Far East, Africa and Europe. He undertakes lead audit training for a number of organizations. He carries out audits against ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
He is the author and co-author of a number of books on integrated management systems, corporate governance, environmental management, health and safety management – the last being in its fourth edition. The latest title “Risk management the ISO 31000 Way” published by BSI helps organizations to implement 31000 and integrate it with the formal management systems such as ISO 9001 (quality), ISO 14001 (environment), information security (ISO 27001) etc.
Will Speak About
Managing occupational health and safety risks the ISO 45001 way
- Chair of the Steering Committee for the International Day of Recognition for Security Officers
- Member of the ISO Societal Security Standards Mirror Committee Australia
- Senior Regional Vice President ASIS International 2009-12, Member of ASIS International Standards and Guidelines Commission (ongoing) and Chair of Asia Pacific Advisory Committee 2010-12.
- Deputy Registrar Security Professionals Registry – Australasia.
- Board Member Australian Risk Policy Institute.
- Chair of the Australasian Council of Security Professionals’ 2009-12
- Honorary Fellow, Policing, Intelligence and Counter Terrorism Centre, Macquarie University.
- Chair of Defense Security Committee 1999 – 2002
- President of the Australian Institute of Professional Intelligence Officers (AIPIO) – 1998-2000
- Current status of Security Architecture framework and references
- How to bridge the work of TC292 Security and Resilience and ISO 31000.
- Exploring the model for a future global security architecture
- The next generation of security related standards – what to expect?
Qualified in psychology and security risk management, Jason has a number of areas of expertise, including Security Intelligence, Counter Terrorism, Foreign Liaison and has strong capabilities and interest in the areas of Leadership, Training and Strategy Development. He has served on a number of senior boards and committees in both the Public Sector and Private Institutions. Including;
Specialties: Jason has a number of publications in the areas of client service, intelligence management and security. He is internationally known speaker in the areas of intelligence, security, export control, scenario and strategic planning.
He is a member of ASIS International, ARPI, RMIA and a Fellow of the British Security Institute. He was awarded the Australian Security Medal in February 2011. In 2012 he was admitted as a Charted Security Professional in United Kingdom and a Registered Security Professional Australasia. In 2013 he was a finalist for the Defense Excellence in Security Award for Innovation and listed by IFSEC International in their roll of Global Top 40 influential persons in Security and Fire Management.
Will Speak About
Bridging Security and Resilience with Risk Management
Why to attend G31000?
6th International Conference
On ISO 31000 Risk Management
Learn about the only international ISO 31000 standard which applies to all types of risks .
Meet 100+ experts in risk management from 50 countries .
Why and how your ERM or risk management program should based on ISO 31000 .
Make the link between risk, decision making and performance .
Get your international ISO 31000 certification .
G31000 Excellence risk management Awards during the Gala Dinner .
Rixos Premium Hotel
24-25 September 2017
A perfect blend of city conference and resort hotel, Rixos Premium Hotel is set within a lush oasis of 37 acres of landscaped gardens.
Featuring an outstanding combination of resort facilities, luxury hotel
guestrooms and suites, residential apartments and one of the most advanced conference centers in the United Arab Emirates.
ISO 31000 Certification Masterclasses
26-27 September 2017
Upgrade and validate your knowledge on the content of the international ISO 31000 risk management standard – Principles, Vocabulary, Framework and Process.
Gala Dinner and Awards
The Gala dinner is always the most memorable highlight for our annual event!
Hosted, this year, on a world class DHOW CRUISE boat, this dinner will stand out as
one of the most memorable evenings.