Exceptional prominent speakers invited this year.
- Mohammad DehbozorgiManaging DirectorArsham Imen Company (AICO)
- Mohammad S QassabGeneral ManagerRayat Group
- Maarten MerkelbachConsultant for various organisations and governmentVarious
- Cesar MarollaT-Mobile US - Advisory Committee for Sustainability at Harvard University -Lecturer - AuthorT-Mobile US
- Bob PojasekPresidentPojasek & Associates LLC
- Using the internal and external context to identify uncertainty (opportunities and threats)
- Engaging stakeholders (interested parties) to determine their interests in an organization’s uncertainty and impacts
- Conduct an analysis of the uncertainty to identify opportunities that can offset significant threats
- Act on the significant opportunities to help the organization manage the risk of meeting its objectives
- Enable risk management to deliver continual improvement and innovation to the organization
- Julian TalbotAuthor, Speaker, Consultantwww.juliantalbot.com
- What are the secrets of successful enterprise risk management?
- Are you a successful risk manager?
- Are successful risk managers born or made?
- What is the key to successful risk management and does ISO31000 hold the key?
- Can you define the risk management success?
- Martin DaviesRisk Framework Architect at Causal CapitalCausal Capital
- Hamdan Al-faouriCEO at LawArche Institute for Legal StudiesLawArche Institute for Legal Studies
- Frank AsheFiercely independent consultant, often outspokenQuantitative Strategies Pty Ltd
- How do we think, and how does our organisation think, about risk? In what context?
- Frameworks, processes, procedures versus culture – which wins? When? Why?
- The dangers of thinking quantitatively, and why you sometimes have to, and sometimesshouldn’t.
- Risk management is (psychologically) the wrong term for what ISO 31000 is doing.
- What a CRO needs to know about neuroscience, evolutionary psychology, deep history, and philosophy.
- Jorge EscaleraDirector at Risk MexicoRisk Mexico
- Bhavani Suresh
- Audrey WeirBoard Advisor: Risk and GovernanceTech Start Up
- Francisco Javier García CidonchaQuality Management Branch Head & Headquarters Quality Manager ,Advisor – Policy and Quality ManagementNATO Airborne Early Warning and Control Force
- Where to place the Risk Management spotlight in ISO 9001:2015 – challenging the standard
- How does NATO deal with standardization? – focus on quality and risk management requirements.
- Effort to establish an organizational (overarching) Risk Management approach in the NAEW&CF– main elements
- Hans LæssøeFounderAKTUS (International Institute for Management Development)
As former Chief Risk Officer of the company LEGO, Hans will provide inside about one of the most successful ERM implementation.
- Establishing holistic Enterprise Risk Management
- Active Risk and Opportunity planning for projects
- Scenario-based Risk Assessment in Strategy Development
- Embedding Process Risk & Opportunity Management based on the ISO 9001 Standard
- Status, findings and recommendations related to each of the ISO 31000 Principles
- Perspectives on Risk Management in a volatile world
- Karem Toufic Obeid, CIA, CCSA, CRMA
- Nitin PatwardhanSenior Vice PresidentAccelya Kale Solutions Ltd.
With a strong education in project management, Nitin will share his vision about risk management standardization for successful projects
- Chris MandelSVP, Strategic SolutionsSedgwick, Inc.
Several times awarded for his contributions in risk management making the link between decision-making, performance and risk.
- Defining high performance risk management
- Profile of successful leaders and successful organisations
- Success criteria : the crucial need of evidence
- Benefits of high performance risk management
- Alex DaliPresidentGlobal Institute for Risk Management Standards – G31000
Alex has been promoting the ISO 31000 standard, worldwide, with impressive results.
- Latest statistics on ISO 31000 – countries, sectors, companies
- Development of the G31000 network and its representatives
- Why G31000 needs to expand – new products & services
- Priorities and objectives for future
- Alexei SidorenkoCEORisk Academy
After working for Deloitte, PwC and RUSNANO in Russia, Alexei has been awarded Risk Manager of the Year 2014
- Overview of 80 risk maturity models across industry and sectors, worldwide
- Measuring the alignment of risk management and performance
- G31000 model : the only model solely based on the ISO 31000 risk management principles
- Collective expertise of the G31000 network for corporates, consultants, auditors and risk managers
- Peter BloklandResearcher & TrainerTUDelft university
In safety science, many scholars are searching for the fundamental understanding of how accidents come about. They are trying to develop theories, models and metaphors in order to understand the mechanisms of accidents and also to prevent bad things from happening. However, very little effort is given to discover and describe what safety exactly is and how it fundamentally can be understood.
- What is risk and what is safety and how are they linked?
- How can safety and security be defined, taking into account the ISO 31000 definition of risk?
- How can safety holistically/universally/completely be measured?
- How can safety be achieved proactively?
- Ben BurgerManaging DirectorPro Presentation CC
As certified ISO 31000 lead trainer, Ben has unique skills in the practical implementation of integrated ISO management systems.
- Definition & objectives
- Specific ISO Requirements
- A proposed strategy
- Emmanuel JohannesCEOKepler Associates and former President IIA Tanzania
As certified trainer and consultant, Emmanuel leads the development of the ISO 31000 risk management standard in East Africa
- Increased membership in the LinkedIn discussion across East Africa
- Three ISO 31000 certification training organised : Tanzania (September 2015) and Uganda (January 2016 and August 2016)
- Collaboration with local Institute of Auditors (IIA) chapter in Tanzania and Uganda (MoU signed)
- Olawale AwosinaHead, Compliance and Risk Management Total Health Trust Limited, A Member of LIBERTY
Based on experience in Banking, Consulting, and Insurance, Olawale is raising awareness on ISO 31000 risk management in Nigeria.
- Value Creation and Risk Management
- ISO 31000 Risk Management Certification Training in Nigeria
- Successful Implementation of risk management – benefits for companies
- Next steps programmed to enhance risk management standardization in Nigeria
industrial safety engineer.
Conducted hundreds of training, consulting, auditing, system development, design and engineering projects in the areas of Safety, health, environment, crisis management and fire engineering to the oil, gas and petrochemical industries of Iran.
Attended and successfully completed various international recognized qualification in the areas of HSE & FIRE.
Highly interested in:
1. Process Safety Management.
2. Inherent Safe Engineering & Design.
3. Enterprise Wide Risk Management.
4. Behavior Intervention & Safety Culture.
5. Sustainability and Continual Improvement.
6. Energy Management / Carbon Capture.
7. Organizational resiliency.
Mohammad S Qassab
Swiss national with more than 25 years of international humanitarian experience acquired in a variety of headquarters and field postings (Africa, Asia and the Middle East); research and publication; speaking, lecturing, curriculum development and training.
• Specific expertise — Security risk management & ISO 31000; legal liability/duty of care; peace building; humanitarian affairs; humanitarian access management; civil-military relations; duty of care/legal liability; applying complexity theory.
• Consultancies with demonstrable impact — e.g. Irish Aid, Swiss Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE), Global Community Engagement and resilience Fund (GCERF).
• Original research and publications — main topics: Security risk management and legal liability (Duty of Care) for the non-profit, public and government sectors.
• Speaker, trainer and curriculum development — e.g. the WHO (Emergency Medical Teams), NGO fora (e.g. RedR, European Interagency Security Forum (EISF), InterAction, Dutch Security Network), international training courses (e.g. at GCSP, ESDC certified courses at ASPR/Austria), inter-governmental fora (e.g. invited by the German and Swiss Ministries of Foreign Affairs), and private sector (e.g. International SOS, HCC Global)
• Associate Lecturer — Centre for Education and Research in Humanitarian Action (CERAH) at the University of Geneva and the Graduate Institute (IHEID)
Senior-Level Manager Professional – Sustainability and Environmental Management | Risk Management | Marketing | Sales | Operations
Information & Communications Technology ? Entertainment ? Government
Understand & market the enabling effect of ICT’s products and services reducing carbon footprint in order to generate business value for the organization.
Promote & communicate climate topics across the organization
Strengthen external partnerships (e.g. United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, Global eSustainability Initiative)
Further Advancement of Company-Wide CO2-Reduction Target
Sustainability Consulting, Carbon Neutral, Operational Excellence, Governance, Risk Management
Increase revenue by 20% in Los Angeles Market with the establishment of customer loyalty programs and sales initiatives
Sustainable Products Road-map: Develop innovative services & new business models, more (sustainable) innovation by cooperation, improve market position in core markets (as a premium brand)
Integral Business Model (All products including the “Sustainable Products” approach):
2014-2018 project involving a 5 billion dollars in potential revenue retaining/acquiring new and existing markets
Develop Marketing Concepts Including the GHG-Abatement Potential of the Company’s Sustainable Products and Services
Carbon Impact Assessment with a 8 million dollars in cost-saving programs in a 3 year period maximizing videoconferencing and telecommuting
Dr. Pojasek received his training and experience in risk management working at SAI Global with AS/NZS 4360:2004. The adoption of risk management (ISO 31000:2009) now provides an opportunity to focus risks management on the ability of organizations to meet their strategic objectives. Dr. Pojasek has written a book (Risk Management and Sustainability – A Practical Step-by-Step Guide CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Publishing) on this topic. He also teaches an online course (Fundamentals of Organizational Sustainability) at Harvard University. Dr. Pojasek provides consultation to corporations that seek to use risk management to integrate new and revised international management systems as a means to manage sustainability at the facility and supplier level. The guidance provided by ISO 31000:2009 and ISO 26000:2010 are critical to helping organizations address continual improvement and innovation in uncertain times.
Will Speak About
Role of Risk Management in the Harmonized High-Level ISO Structure
Julian Talbot, one of the founders of Citadel Group Ltd (CGL), is an industry leader in strategy and risk management. He has shared his expertise with more than 50,000 professionals through his books, website (www.juliantalbot.com), corporate training, private consulting, dynamic presentations to global audiences, and several critically acclaimed books including the “Security Risk Management Body of Knowledge.”
He is passionate about helping individuals and organizations achieve their goals and his core skill is his ability to integrate his 30 years’ experience in operations, finance, government, strategic management, consulting, risk management, protective security and business ownership to provide practical solutions for his clients. He is a Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, Fellow of the Risk Management Institution of Australasia, a Certified Protection Professional and received his Master of Risk Management from Monash University.
Will Speak About
Successful Enterprise Risk Management
Risk framework architect with a strong domain knowledge across a diverse set of risk fraternities including operational risk, credit risk and counterparty risk.
A solid background in banking front-to-back including; pricing, risk, settlement, operations, front office and credit risk.
Strong knowledge of front office systems at a feed level for Rates, FX, Exotics, Equities, Repos / Money Market products.
Involvement in the design and operationalization of new products for banks, exchange houses and brokerages. The migration and streamlining of facilities in large and small institutions.
Focus on counterparty risk metrics PFE, CLU, MTM, DSL, VaR modelling, stress testing and liquidity risk.
Credit risk at an enterprise level, including collateral management / haircutting, ISDA agreements and the effect of netting when representing trade offsets.
Operational risk work includes the development of risk databases, modelling and risk reporting facilities, policy alignment and risk assessment.
Regulatory reporting and capital frameworks for Basel II and Basel III.
Banking experience in:
» Retail lending and credit risk.
» Commercial banking L/C facilities, trade and project finance.
» Investment banking structured finance at a product & risk level.
Worked with regulators, exchanges, development banks and tier one international banks.
Accredited with the American Academy of Financial Management on structured finance, project finance, credit & operational risk.
Specialties: Basel II, Basel III, Counterparty Risk, Control Failure Analysis for repetitive volume processing units, Operational Risk, Risk Framework Development and Policy Design. Probability & Decision Tree Analysis, Bayesian Networks, Frequency/Severity Distribution Modelling, EVT, Monte Carlo, Discriminant Analysis. Use of R-Project, C++ & Visual Studio, VBA, SQL Server.
A dedicated and diligent senior lawyer specialised in corporate transaction, corporate finance, Islamic finance, public policy and legislation, infrastructure, privatization and PPP/PFI, as well as litigation and arbitration. Thrives in an environment of stimulating new concepts and challenges which provide opportunities for developing innovative legal solutions. Attentive to detail in research, analysis and documentation of legal arguments and considered opinions. Proven strategist in the support of firm operations, development of new business relationships and delivery of first-rate legal services. Exceptional communication skills and a genuine concern and respect for others which foster deep trust and confidence in relationships with both clients and colleagues. Gifted in building consensus and resolving disputes. A leader with tested abilities to inspire teams to exceed objectives under challenging conditions.
Specialties: •Public Policy & Legislation •Privatisation & PPP/PFI •Islamic Finance
•Corporate Transaction, Governance and Finance• Construction and Real Estate •Litigation & ADR
I resumed my consulting practice in 2007. Assignments vary between: risk management frameworks; providing expert witness reports for litigation; behavioural finance implications; executive education at all levels of a firm – Board, C-suite, to new graduate intake; provision of techniques for measuring and managing portfolio risk. Qualitative and quantitative viewpoints are blended seamlessly.
I am an Honorary Associate Professor at Macquarie University’s Applied Finance Centre, covering the Financial Risk Management Masters course when a full-time Associate Professor.
Since 2010 I’ve facilitated 2-day workshops for people studying for the Chartered Enterprise Risk Analyst (CERA) qualification through the Actuaries Institute (Australia). A one day course on bringing senior actuarial personnel up to speed on some of the new maths and stats being used in risk management is also popular through Asia, being delivered in HK, Singapore, Mumbai and Sydney.
I’m a regular presenter at industry seminars and colloquia. I regularly travel through East and South Asia, mostly in Kuala Lumpur, Beijing, Mumbai, Singapore, and Hong Kong. Other cities on request.
If you want to speak to someone who has implemented quantitative risk processes while ensuring that senior management know what is happening, then give me a call. And call me if you want to understand why big banks failed to properly manage their risks in the 2000s even though they were awash with PhDs and other quants, and why it will happen again. Let’s face it, in risk management the emphasis should be on management, not on risk.
Specialties: Risk management, risk assessment, enterprise risk management, mediation of intra-company conflicts, mentoring, corporate governance, behavioral finance, neuroeconomics, historical and philosophical cultural effects on business practices, high level quantitative skills, statistics, mathematics.
Will Speak About
Applying the Psychology of Risk Management
Director de Risk México, S.A. de C.V. Líder de las Prácticas de: Administración de Riesgos, Administración de Continuidad de Negocio, Continuidad de Operaciones, Recuperación ante Desastres para TI, Gestión Integral de Riesgos, Seguros y Fianzas.
Ingeniero Químico Administrador del Tecnológico de Monterrey. Maestría MBA por la EGADE Business School. Certificaciones: Certified Trainer CT31000 por G31000 y Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) por DRI International.
Miembro de los Comités Técnicos Mexicanos ISO/TC262 Gestión de Riesgos y del ISO/TC292 Seguridad y Resiliencia. Consultor/Instructor COOP autorizado por Protección Civil Nuevo León.
Ha desempeñando la función corporativa de Administración de Riesgos y de Continuidad de Negocio en empresas de manufactura y de telecomunicaciones.
Consultor para corporaciones en México y multinacionales y para Instituciones del Sector Público. Instructor DRII y CT31000. Fue Presidente de la Asociación de Administradores de Riesgos del Noreste (AARNAC) en Monterrey, N.L. y Presidente Fundador del Capítulo México de RIMS. Participa frecuentemente como conferencista en diversos foros nacionales e internacionales.
Dynamic risk and governance executive with more than 25 years global experience.
Experienced Chief Risk Officer (CRO), Head of Risk and Insurance, Global Head of Risk and Regulatory Strategy, Global Commercial and EMEA Head of Operational Risk, and Sector Leader.
Key areas of expertise:
– Engaging with and advising C-suite stakeholders on risk and insurance
– Establishing and embedding risk management strategy, frameworks, and policies
– Developing and implementing integrated control frameworks across all three lines of defence
– Developing optimal risk financing arrangements including commercially available insurance, captive vehicles, and self insured solutions
– Interfacing with multiple country and group Regulators (e.g. Federal Reserve)
– Ensuring compliance with global regulatory requirements
– Establishing and enhancing governance forums including risk and capital, operational risk, and model risk committees
– Managing cross category heads of risk and teams; including operational, market, model and credit risk.
Francisco Javier García Cidoncha
Currently he is the Head of the Quality Management Branch and Policy / Quality Management Advisor to Strategic Leadership at the NATO Airborne Early Warning and Control Force, Geilenkirchen (Germany). He has previously occupied positions as Quality Leader (Engineering Centre), Chief of the Systems and Networks Branch, Customer Support and Help Desk Manager (Information Technology).
Javier is holder of a Bachelor of Science in Technical Support (Computer Science), a Master of Business Administration, a post-graduate Diploma in Quality Management and is currently a Doctoral Candidate (in Management).
He has recently achieved the CT31000 certification within G31000. Besides that, Javier is also formally certified as ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor, ITIL® Expert in Service Management, Prince2® Practitioner and Change Management Registered Practitioner. He is presently pursuing official certification as Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.
At present, Javier is leading the project to implement and manage an organizational Risk Management Framework, providing training to its members along with managing the Risk-Management related activities for this organizational transformation within his organization. ISO 31000 is considered the main reference in these endeavours
Will Speak About
Linking ISO 9001 and ISO 31000: Risk-based thinking. Implementation and way ahead at NATO
Hans Læssøe M. Sc. has 35 years of industry experience from the LEGO Group covering a range of positions.
In 2007 Hans Læssøe established the LEGO Group’s Strategic Risk Management. Over the years, this was expanded to cover Strategic Scenario Planning, Project Risk and Opportunity management as well as Enterprise Risk Management. The processes and tools developed based on the ISO 31000 standard are today standard operating procedures at the LEGO Group. Hans Læssøe and the LEGO Group won multiple International awards.
Hans Læssøe is member of risk management networks. Hans Læssøe is author/co-author of articles and book chapters, including the RIMS Strategic Risk Management Implementation Guide. Hans Læssøe is an approved ISO 31000 trainer.
In 2017 Hans Læssøe founded the consulting company AKTUS. The perspective is to go beyond traditional risk management and enable deliberate and intelligent risk taking.
Will Speak About
Assessing the Effectiveness of Risk Management using the ISO 31000 Risk Maturity Model – Findings and Recommendations
Karem Toufic Obeid, CIA, CCSA, CRMA
Karem Obeid, IIA Global Board Member, IIA Global Executive Committee Member (Vice – Chairman, Global Services) and UAE IAA Executive Committee member, has more than 23 years ofinternal audit experience in various industries. Currently, heis the Chief Audit Executive ofan organization based in the United Arab Emirates. He assumed Internal audit leadership roles in several leading companies in the Middle East region such as Tawazun Holding, Dubai Holding and Abu Dhabi Securities Market (ADX).Inaddition, Mr. Obeid also serves as a member/chairman for numerous boards and audit committees for several organizations.
Karem holds a MBA degree with emphasis in Industrial and Manufacturing Leadership. His earlier education includes a Bachelor in Business Administration from the American University ofBeirut. Also, Mr. Obeid attainedseveral related professional certifications like CIA, CPA, CCSA, CISA and CRMA.
Asan active member of the profession, heis instrumental inpromoting the Internal Audit profession in the Middle East region. He also has been frequently invited to speak in local and international conferences and has contributed to several publications related to the profession.
Delivery / Project / Program Management in IT companies mainly in to software product development, customized software development. The responsibilities are end to end delivery and profitability of the programs along with customer relationships management and developing business development strategies.
Successful track record of turnaround of the programs
Developing winning teams and grooming of individuals, building strong relationship with clients are demonstrated skills.
Positive attitude, outstanding communication / presentation skills, Leadership and negotiation skills are evident in the successful track record.
Exposure to US, UK, Europe and Asia PAC region.
I believe the 7th habit which is ‘Sharpen the Saw’ and have done PMP and PRINCE2 in Project management, PgMP (Program Management professional) and PfMP (Program portfolio management professional) certification.
I am keen to do research in Business Risk management area and currently doing Ph.D. in ‘Enterprise Risk management and its application in strategic planning in Indian IT companies’
Specialties: – Delivery / Project / Program Management in large software development programs, product development. Portfolio Management in IT companies.
Managing P&L for set of strategic programs
Developing / implementing winning strategies for business development
Enterprise Risk management
Customer relationship Management
Exposure to International clients from US, UK, Europe, India and Pacific region
Chris Mandel is SVP, Strategic Solutions, Sedgwick and Director of the Sedgwick Institute. Mr. Mandel has more than 25 years of leadership experience in large global corporate risk management and pioneered the development of ERM at USAA. His career included risk related leadership roles at Liberty Mutual, Marsh, Verizon, American National Red Cross and PepsiCo. He is Founder and President of Excellence in Risk Management, LLC.
He served seven years on the board of RIMS and was president in 2002-03.He holds and has held appointments to numerous industry boards, was elected a founding member of Risk Who’s Who in 2008, was voted the 2004 Risk Manager of the Year and is the recipient of RIMS Goodell Award in 2016. He has had continuously running columns in the trade press since 1996.
Highly skilled risk and insurance professional with more than 30 years of experience designing, developing and implementing large, global corporate risk management programs for Fortune 500 firms. Thought leader in enterprise risk management, insurance and the alignment of risk stakeholder interests among internal audit, compliance, legal, control, planning, crisis management and business performance functionaries. Designed and implemented numerous risk and insurance programs for large, global corporates. Led and aligned small to mid-size teams toward successful delivery of multi-million dollar expense saving programs and captive insurance company profit centers solving unique risk financing problems and delivering tens of millions in net income.
Will Speak About
High Performance Risk Management: Results that Make Difference
Alex Dali is well known today through his very active work in raising awareness of Risk Management Standards, particularly on ISO 31000. Holding a Msc in Chemical engineering, a degree Business Administration and a post-master in Risk Management, he has worked in the last 18 years on many aspects of risk management: industrial risk management, loss prevention, natural disaster risk management, business impact analysis, business interruption, business continuity management, standards and regulations. Today, Alex is a recognized as the founder of the Global Institute for Risk Management Standards, G31000, the global ISO 31000 platform and the active owner/moderator of the LinkedIn group which has reached 62,000+ members. He is an invited professor in several universities and institutes, trainer for workshops and writing articles on ISO 31000.
Will Speak About
Raising awareness on the ISO 31000 risk management standard, worldwide
Alexei lead the risk management team at the largest private equity fund in Russia, specializing in hi-tech and nanotechnology investments. Alexei was responsible for ERM at the fund level as well as across its 95 portfolio companies. Alexei’s work at RUSNANO was awarded first prize in the category Best ERM Implementation by RUSRISK in 2014.
In 2012 Alexei created RISK-ACADEMY, company specializing in free risk education. RISK-ACADEMY was awarded Best risk management education program by RUSRISK in 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Alexei recently published a book called “Risk based organizations 2.0” and regularly presents at risk management conferences. In 2012 Alexei created a 12-series TV program dedicated to risk management. Alexei currently lectures at various MBA and Executive MBA programs.
Will Speak About
G31000 Risk management maturity model
Peter Blokland (1957) holds an MSc in military and aeronautical sciences, obtained at the Belgian Royal Military Academy. He is a former Belgian Air Force Pilot (F-16, Alpha-Jet, SF260M), Squadron Commander (CO 5th Squadron basic pilot training), Staff Officer (Aviation Safety & Nuclear Surety at SHAPE) and Aircraft Accident Investigator. In 2008 he started a second career as an organisational and business coach, helping organisations, companies and teams to improve and excel. As an author, together with Prof. Genserik Reniers (TU Delft, KUL & UA), he bundled his experience and ideas on leadership and management in a book titled “Total Respect Management (TR³M) “. Since September 2014, Peter is full-time employed at TU Delft as a PhD researcher working on a project of Netbeheer Nederland to research his design (TR³M) as a proactive way to achieve safety and performance in organisations. His design is to be implemented and tested in the gas distribution network industry in the Netherlands.
Will Speak About
A FOUNDATION FOR SAFETY & SECURITY SCIENCE - INSPIRED BY ISO 31000
Ben is the Managing Member of ‘Pro Presentation cc’ and works an independent consultant, assisting organisations in the development of strategic direction in ‘Risk-based Integrated Management’ (RIM). Ben’s broad experience and his demonstrated analysis, development, project management, facilitation, communication and training skills have helped guiding many a client organisation to achieving significant results in improving their business management system performance.
Ben was a contributor to the book: ‘SHEQ Guide to Managing Risk’ (Germaine/Bird/Labuschagne). He holds tertiary qualifications in Mechanical Engineering and Total Quality Management and is currently studying towards an MSc in Management of Technology and Innovation. He is also a certified ISO 31000 lead trainer with both G31000 and the PECB.
Will Speak About
Integrated management – a highly sought-after concept
Emmanuel Johannes is Managing Partner of KEPLER a firm dealing with Internal Audit, Risk Management, Governance, Assurance and Business Advisory.
Prior to start KEPLER, he had worked with MEKONSULT, PwC, KCB Bank and Standard Chartered Bank.
He spent four years at KCB Bank Tanzania PLC as Chief Audit Executive. He was responsible for set up and successfully leading and transforming Internal Audit function at the time when KCB recorded significant growth in its operations. Prior to joining KCB Bank he has worked as Risk and Compliance Manager for Standard Chartered Bank. He also worked with PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) in Assurance department. He served as the President of the Institute of Internal Auditors Tanzania from July 2011 to June 2015.
He has presented a number of papers in Auditing, Risk Management, Information Technology Audit and he is a Fellow of Chartered Accountant (UK and Scotland), and he hold a number of professional qualifications from the Institute of Internal Auditors, ISACA and Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
He is a holder of Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communication from UDSM, BSc Hons in Applied Accounting from Oxford Brookes University and MBA in Financial Services from University of East London. He is Certified ISO 31000 Trainer and is in charge of the G31000 representation in East Africa
Will Speak About
Situation of the ISO 31000 risk management standard in East Africa
Olawale Awosina is an ISO 31000 Approved Trainer AT31000, and the G31000 Representative in Nigeria. He has an excellent track record in Enterprise Risk Management and Compliance. His risk oversight career spans over ten years having worked in the Banking, Consulting, and Insurance Industry. He is well detailed in the knowledge of ISO 31000 Risk Management Standard, and the application of its principles.
Olawale holds a certificate in Operational Risk Management – Basel II, Higher Diploma in Banking and Finance, a degree in Business Administration and Finance, and a Postgraduate degree in Financial Crimes Prevention. He is a specialized Governance, Risk, and Compliance manager, a Certified Financial Fraud Examiner, a Certified Solvency ii Professional, a Member of the International Compliance Association, a Professional Member of Institute of Operational Risk, an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investments, and a Member of Chartered Management Institute.
He is presently the Head, Compliance and Risk, Total Health Trust Limited, A Member of LIBERTY, based in Nigeria.